Effective Date: 4/14/2020
WHERE WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION
This policy applies to personal information collected online, used, and disclosed by the following entities:
- The Malco AdvantEDGE App.
- In e-mail, text, or other electronic messages sent through or in connection with our websites and/or app.
- Any microsites in connection with our websites or app.
- Any social media pages in connection with one of our sites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.).
- Viewing our online advertisements or emails.
- From any other mobile or desktop applications you use or download from our websites.
HOW WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION
Malco Products, SBC collects information from users in various ways. We may collect personal identification information or non-personal identification information through various sources.
PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We only collect personal identification information from users who choose to voluntarily submit such information to us. We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to:
- If a user signs up for one of our mailing lists.
- If a user purchases a product on our site.
- If a user uploads or shares a photo, submits a request, submits information, or posts other digital content through one of our websites, applications or via social media interactions on third party websites like Facebook or Twitter.
- If a user fills out a contact us form.
- If a user fills out a job application.
- If a user enquires about a new product idea.
- If a user interacts with a survey, or is engaged in market research with Malco Products, SBC.
NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
Non-personal identification information is automatically collected whenever users interact with one of our websites, app, social media pages, or other micro sites and applications belonging to Malco Products, SBC. We use this information to monitor and improve the performance of our site so that we can continue to effectively and reliably provide useful services for our visitors and our company.
We and our third party service providers use “cookies”. Web cookies are small bits of information that your web browser may allow our server to store on your computer. We use this information to anonymously track your visit to our site. Even if you elect to give us personal information it will never appear in the cookies. We may use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. For the session ID cookies, once users close the browser, the cookie simply terminates. Cookies assign a unique identification to your device and are typically stored on your device by your web browser.
Examples of non-personal identification information collected are as follows:
- Interactions with our sites and with our advertisements.
- Web pages requested and viewed.
- Browser type and version.
- Operating system.
- What type of device used (mobile, desktop, tablet).
- Internet service provider used to access our sites.
- IP Address and location.
- Use of links to arrive to our sites and the IP address from which you arrived.
- Time spent on site.
- Search terms users use to search on our website.
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS, ADVERTISING, AND SERVICES
We use third-party analytics providers, such as Google® Analytics, to measure traffic and usage trends, and to help us better understand your use of and interaction with our Sites and Social Media Pages. For more information on how Google uses data when you use our Sites click here.
The social media sites where we have our Social Media Pages may provide aggregate information and analysis to us about visitors to our Social Media Pages. This allows us to better understand and analyze our user growth, general demographic information about the users of, and interaction with content on, our Social Media Pages.
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, Google). As part of these ad campaigns, we may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads. You can opt out of targeted advertising by changing your settings within each advertising group (Links to help in opting out of each service listed below):
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at:
We are also supplied aggregated analytical information from our where to buy store locator, located on our product pages (via service Price Spider), and our online catalogs (via service Flipsnack). This information is non-personal and is automatically collected when a user interacts with the particular service on our website.
- Snips Magazine
- Roofing Magazine
- RSES Journal
- Journal of Light Construction (JLC)
- Contracting Business
- Metal Roofing Magazine
- Professional Roofing Magazine
- Tech Shop Magazine
- Body Shop Business
- ASHRAE Journal
- Auto Body Repair
- Professional Tool & Equipment
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, for example, to:
- Help us better understand our customers, website visitors, and device application users, and their respective interests, including by learning about your online activities across devices.
- Operate and improve our websites, app, and social media content.
- Provide and deliver products and services, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, and other notices.
- Personalize services and provide advertisements, content, or features that are targeted toward your interests.
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities.
- Measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Store your password if you are registered on our website.
- Improve products or obtain new product ideas.
- Process job applications.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We do not sell, trade, or rent users personal identification information to others. We may share personal data about you outside of Malco Products, SBC, including as follows:
- With third parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, joint venture, corporate reorganization, insolvency or bankruptcy, financing or sale of company assets;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation.
- between and among Malco Products, SBC and any current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- With your consent.
Aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, may also be shared with third party service providers to help us operate our business and site administrator activities on our behalf.
OTHER THIRD PARTY SITES
We may provide links to third party websites or applications that we do not control. Such links should not suggest or imply any affiliation or endorsement by Malco Products, SBC of the linked website. Please be aware that we, Malco Products, SBC, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Website.
If you are receiving Malco promotional emails and would like to opt out of our email communications, please contact our customer service team. Contact information can be found at the bottom of this page.
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Malco Products, SBC takes reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Malco Products, SBC reserves the right to revise this policy at any time. The effective date displayed at the top of the page will indicate when this policy was last revised. We encourage you to review the Policy periodically to stay informed about any changes that are made.
MALCO PRODUCTS, SBC
14080 State HWY 55 NW
PO Box 400
Annandale, MN 55302