Careers at Malco Products
Malco Products, SBC employs around 160 associates on two shifts at our Annandale, MN location. We are always looking for multi-talented people who can grow with us and assist our company in achieving our long-term goals. We are proud to be a U.S.-based solution developer and manufacturer of tools and accessories that improve job-site productivity. Our focus on quality and innovation ensures the health and safety of the hands-on professionals who have come to rely on the trusted Malco brand.
WHY WORK WITH US?
I came to work for Malco in 2014 and immediately noticed the positive atmosphere and importance Malco places on its employees. I can easily brag about Malco's fantastic benefits, paid time off, wellness program, and educational/training opportunities. It's inspiring to work for a company who honestly wants to do right by their customers and employees. It would be easy to work for a different company to get a paycheck but not just any company can create a culture that makes me excited to come to work everyday.
- Kelly, Mailroom Clerk in Annandale, MN
In QA, the people I work with have great core family values, they are very easy to get along with and help each other out in times of need. Malco has a strong quality culture and prides themselves on making the best quality tools in the marketplace. Malco also has a great safety culture with a very clean manufacturing environment, Employee owned, competitive wages, good health package, vacation time, flex time and close to home.
- Mark, Quality Assurance in Annandale, MN
A COMPANY THAT CARES
When you work for Malco, you are working for an organization that cares about the community and the people that they serve. Malco is committed to providing employee success, while also providing support to the surrounding community and the people that purchase Malco tools. Here are some ways Malco makes a difference:
- A yearly United Way campaign that helps raise funds for local causes.
- Annually donates more than $130,000 of in-kind tools and apparel to skilled trade education programs across the country.
- Started the annual Jeannette Rieger-Borer Scholarship in 2020 to provide a scholarship of $1,500 to a local Annandale High School graduate who will be pursuing a trade school education.
- Received award recognition in 2017 as an Outstanding Disability Employer by the Minnesota Organization for Habilitation and Rehabilitation.
- Malco is a Specific Benefit Corporation (SBC), a designation that indicates that a specific social benefit — employee ownership, keeping jobs local, and strengthening communities — is the primary driver of Malco’s business decisions.
- Since 2015 Malco has been committed to a highway cleanup/adopt a highway program.
A CULTURE OF OWNERSHIP
Malco is a 100% employee-owned company. As an employee-owner, you aren’t treated like a number, you are treated like family, and the company’s success is your success. Ownership at Malco also means greater transparency. Malco operates open book financials so that everyone knows where the company stands, where the company wants to be, and what everyone needs to do to meet their goals. We’re proud that over 50% of Malco associates have been with the company for 15 or more years and 70% are already fully vested in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
If you want to work for a company that has a collaborative, transparent, and friendly culture, then Malco Products is the right place for you!
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
Malco Products is always honored to receive recognition and awards. Being recognized makes us proud of our team’s hard work, and it’s the knowledge that our customers are happy and satisfied with our products that gives us the most gratification. Some of the recent honors that we have received include:
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPENINGS
Malco Products offers various employment opportunities at our Annandale, MN facility. If you want to learn more about what positions are currently available, or if you are eager to apply, click the link below to get started on your journey with Malco Products!
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE LATEST JOBS AND TO APPLY ONLINE
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Company
- 100% employee-owned
- Open book financials
- Retirement Contribution – Eligible employee owners begin participating in the ESOP and the profit sharing (401K) plan within 6-9 months of hire, 100% vesting in both plans is earned after six years, company contribution of at least 4% for the last six years.
Insurance – begins the first of the month after 30 days of employment
- Health – Comprehensive high deductible health plan that the company pays at least 82% of premiums and up to 85% if wellness goals are met (a Health Savings Account (HSA) for pre-tax contributions is also available)
- Dental – the company pays 100% of basic dental coverage
- Life/AD&D Insurance – the company pays 100% of 1X your annual salary, you can elect to buy an additional 2x or 3X your annual salary for voluntary life and AD&D
- Short Term Disability – the company pays 100% of short term disability
- Long Term Disability – you can elect to buy long term disability
- Competitive market based wages
- Opportunity for Company Incentive (Bonus) – quarterly bonus program of up to 6% of salary for all employees based on company performance with employee-owners able to participate the first day of work
- 401(k) match – 30% match on the first $4,000 with immediate match vesting once eligible to enter the profit sharing (401K) plan.
- Tuition reimbursement –Tuition free in-house technical college courses and up to $2,400 annually for outside courses
- Overtime premium after 40 hours paid for non-exempt employees
Paid Time Off
- Upon hiring, vacation is based on the 12-month period beginning on December 1 and ending November 30 for the first year
- Hourly positions:
- 3 hours of vacation accrued for each bi-weekly pay-period remaining, through November 30
- Salaried positions:
- start date between 12/1 & 5/31: 10 days
- start date between 6/1 & 9/30: 5 days
- start date between 10/1 & 11/30: 2 days
- After first year, vacation time is based on your years of service starting at 10 days accrued for all employees
- Additional vacation time of up to one week may be purchased during benefit open enrollment time. This election includes the option to sell back unused days
- Nine holidays plus an occasional extended weekend holiday
- Convenience/sick time – 6 days per year – allowed to carry over 5 days with the opportunity to sell back unused time at 1.5 times the hourly rate for hourly employees
- Wellness Program– up to 1 additional day off or $200 cash per year if you reach specific wellness goals
- Funeral Time – up to 3 days
- Jury Duty – up to 20 days
Safe/Clean Work Environment
- MnSharp OSHA Certified – Safety designation as one of the top mid-sized companies in Minnesota
- Clean and environmentally controlled
- Safe and clean work environment
Malco Products, SBC
Attn: Human Resources Department
14080 State Highway 55 NW
PO Box 400
Annandale, MN 55302