Malco Products, SBC, got its start in 1950 when Mark W. Keymer, a young steel supply salesman, decided to manufacture and market a pipe crimper he had invented for installing the “new” sheet metal ductwork used in forced air heating systems. Today, the legacy of that exciting start-up company lives on and the early Malco tools have since been joined by hundreds of other specialty products.
Malco is dedicated to producing innovative, dependable, and high-performance hand tools at our corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility in Annandale, Minnesota.
This dedication to craftsmanship is why Malco is one of the nation’s leading solution developers and manufacturers of “tools of the trade” for HVAC (Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning), exterior remodeling, and fence and rail installation professionals.
Malco continues building its success around service to the trades and a steady stream of new and exciting labor-saving tool designs that address an ever-changing industry landscape and respond to emerging market needs for new specializations and more customized products and services for the end-user. Our employee-owners are committed to producing tools of lasting quality and performance that promote on-the-job safety and health for hands-on pros who have come to rely on the trusted Malco brand.
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
Malco Products is always honored to receive recognition and awards. Being recognized makes us proud of our team’s hard work, and it’s the knowledge that our customers are happy and satisfied with our products that gives us the most gratification. Some of the recent honors that we have received include:
- C-RHEX SAWTOOTH earned a 2022 Pro Tool Innovation Award in the Accessories – Specialty Driver Bits category
- Awarded a 2022 Manufacturing Excellence Award for New Approaches from Twin Cities Business Magazine
- Won the 2021 Metal Construction News Readers’ Choice award for Malco’s Blue Impact Chuck Drivers.
- ACHR News’ 2020 Dealer Design Awards for excellence in product design.
- 2020 Great Game of Business All-Star Team
- 2020 Meritorious Achievement Award in Occupational Safety from the Minnesota Safety Council.
- 2018 & 2019 Top Workplace from the Minneapolis Star Tribune
- For 15 consecutive years, Malco has been recognized by the Minnesota Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (MNSHARP) for its dedication to workplace safety and health.
- 2018 Medium Manufacturer of the Year by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.
- Outstanding Disability Employer from the Minnesota Organization for Habilitation and Rehabilitation.
- High Economic Vitality Business of the Year for 2017 by the Wright County Minnesota Economic Development Partnership.
(Click logo to learn more)
ABOUT OUR OPERATIONS
We are proud of our commitment to American manufacturing and to the products we produce at our plant in Annandale, Minnesota. You can rest assured that any Malco tools marked with the “Made in the USA” label meet the rigorous standard for being labeled as such.
You will notice that a select number of the products we sell are manufactured outside of the United States. Although these products are not made in the U.S., you can rest assured that the Malco team designed the product to our exacting standards, and it is being manufactured by trusted partners who meet our rigorous and high standards of quality.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How many of your products are made in the USA?
A majority of the hand tools we offer are made in America.
We are always looking to add new products for the HVAC, building and construction trades to our portfolio, so if you have a product idea, we hope you’ll let us know! You can submit ideas here.
What is Malco’s commitment to American manufacturing?
We manufacture as many products as we can at our facility in Annandale, Minnesota with our team of 160 associates on two shifts. Additionally, several of the products we offer are made in the USA by other American manufacturers.
We have made significant investments into our Annandale facility, as we plan to keep production based here for many decades to come.
We are also very proud to be an employee-owned Specific Benefit Corporation (SBC), a legal designation that indicates that a specific social benefit — employee ownership, keeping jobs local and strengthening communities — is the primary driver of Malco’s business decisions.
Why do you make some of your products overseas/Why don't some of your products have the Made in the USA label?
The short answer is because we don’t have the in-house capabilities to produce those products at the highest standard of quality and at the volume we require.
We vet and select our international manufacturing partners closely to ensure that the products coming off the line internationally meet our rigorous standards – and the standards of the trade pros who use them day in and day out.