Malco Products, SBC, got its start in 1950 when Mark W. Keymer, a young steel supply salesman, decided to manufacture and market a pipe crimper he had invented for installing the “new” sheet metal ductwork used in forced air heating systems. More tools soon followed, including the first hand seamer to employ compound leverage, a time-saving hand notcher that made a V-shaped cut in one motion, and a hand-operated, snap lock punch to complete the basic sheet metal tool set. Now metal duct fabrication could easily be done at the job site and the tools were well received by contractor-installers.
Keymer’s manufacturing operations soon had to move from a garage to the more spacious basement of his Minneapolis home. He relates that the origin of the Malco name came from combining his first name and the first name of an early associate named Al: Malco for “Mark and Al’s Company” (it was Al’s garage).
Over 70 years later, the legacy of that exciting start-up company lives on, and the early Malco tools have since been joined by hundreds of other specialty products. Malco continues building its success around service to the trades and a steady stream of new and exciting labor-saving tool designs. Our employee-owners are committed to producing tools of lasting quality and performance that promote on-the-job safety and health for hands-on pros who have come to rely on the trusted Malco brand.
MALCO PRODUCTS TODAY
For more than seven decades, Malco has been dedicated to producing innovative, dependable, and high-performance hand tools. This dedication to craftsmanship is why Malco is the nation’s leading manufacturer of “tools of the trade” for HVAC (Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning), exterior remodeling, fence and rail, and autobody repair and refinishing professionals.
Malco’s corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in Annandale, Minnesota, and in 2018, Malco opened a second manufacturing facility in DeWitt, Nebraska, where it produces the Eagle Grip line of American-made locking handle tools. Since bringing manufacturing back to the nation’s heartland, Malco is committed to producing the toughest and highest quality tools in the world. Verified by third-party testing, the LP10WC Eagle Grip Curved Jaw Locking Pliers w/Wire Cutter are officially the strongest locking pliers available on the market.
Malco continues its founder’s tradition of leadership by addressing an ever-changing industry landscape and responding to emerging market needs for new specializations and more customized products and services for the end-user.
MALCO PRODUCTS USA MANUFACTURING
Malco Products, SBC believes in top-quality products that work hard, enhance performance, and stand up to years of real-world use on the job. At Malco, we believe in American-made tools that Work. Perform. Outlast.
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
Malco Products is always honored to receive recognition and awards. Being recognized makes us proud of our team’s hard work. And it’s the knowledge that our customers are happy and satisfied with our products that gives us the most gratification. Some of the recent honors that we have received include:
- Won the 2021 Metal Construction News Readers’ Choice award for Malco’s Blue Impact Chuck Drivers.
- ACHR News’ 2020 Dealer Design Awards for excellence in product design.
- 2020 Great Game of Business All-Star Team
- 2020 Meritorious Achievement Award in Occupational Safety from the Minnesota Safety Council.
- 2018 & 2019 Top Workplace from the Minneapolis Star Tribune
- For 15 consecutive years, Malco has been recognized by the Minnesota Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (MNSHARP) for its dedication to workplace safety and health.
- 2018 Medium Manufacturer of the Year by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.
- Outstanding Disability Employer from the Minnesota Organization for Habilitation and Rehabilitation.
- High Economic Vitality Business of the Year for 2017 by the Wright County Minnesota Economic Development Partnership.
(Click logo to learn more)