Malco is proud to be the nation’s leading manufacturer of “tools of the trade” for HVAC professionals. Our success in the industry began with our beloved founder Mark W. Keymer taking advantage of a unique opportunity in the 1950s to manufacture and market specialty hand tools for fabricating and installing the new-at-the-time ductwork of forced air heating systems. We take pride in our innovation process, which continuously challenges us to offer our customers the best sheet metal tools that promote user productivity and safety. We’ve gathered up a list of our top 10 HVAC products that make cutting, crimping, bending, folding, flattening, punching, straightening, and screwing sheet metal a breeze.
Malco’s Best Sheet Metal Tools
Whether you are searching for hand – or power-assisted tools, we offer a wide selection of durable products for various sheet metal applications.
- 5-Blade Sheet Metal Crimper: Our 5-Blade Sheet Metal Crimper is designed to create long and shallow double crimps on round duct and stovepipe, which results in a tighter-fitting and self-supporting connection. This essential HVAC installation tool features ergonomic Redline Handles, nickel plating to resist corrosion, and hardened steel for greater strength.
- Hand Seamers: Malco’s Hand Seamers with forged steel jaws are the ideal choice for bending, folding, flattening, and straightening sheet metal edges or safely gripping and moving sheet metal around the job site. The drop-forged, high-impact jaws feature depth markings graduated in ¼” increments and are complemented by powerful compound leverage designs, as well as user-friendly Redline Handles.
- Max2000® Aviation Snips: Our Max2000 Aviation Snips are designed to make fast, controlled cuts through sheet metal and seams. We offer various models with their own unique features, but all snips feature hardened blade edges for superior cutting life, compound linkages that multiply user hand leverage, easily adjustable pivot bolts, and comfortable handles that fit both large and small hands.
- Hand Notchers: Malco Hand Notchers are specially engineered for folding and fabricating metal, including ductwork. Make clean “V” shaped cuts and gain additional clearance for corner notches. Both the N1R and N2R models feature non-slip Redline Handles, long-wearing cutting jaws, and hardened stamped steel components with rust-resistant nickel plate and black oxide finishes.
- Hole Punch: Our lightweight HP18KR Hole Punch easily and quickly makes holes in sheet metal. This tool features ergonomic Redline Handles, pre-installed 1/8” punch and die, adjustable throat depth for easy hole placement, a die-cast aluminum “C” frame head, hardened steel handles, and parts stampings with a rust-resistant nickel plating.
- Snap Lock Punch: Built with innovative Redline Handles, Malco’s Sheet Metal Snap Lock Punch securely creates locking tabs for sheet metal duct corners. Punch impressions are spaced 3/8” from the metal’s edge. The heavy-forged cutting jaw has a rust-resistant nickel plate and black oxide finish.
- C-RHEX® Cleanable, Reversible Magnetic Hex Drivers: Save time and gain convenience on the job by quickly changing between 1/4” and 5/16” or 5/16” and 3/8” hex sizes while the driver shank remains installed in the drill chuck with Malco’s exclusive, dual-sided magnetic hex drivers. Built with “easy-clean magnets,” say goodbye to troublesome buildup of sheet metal shavings. The tested torque of the C-RHEX design is equal to one-piece drivers, ensuring top performance every time.
- TurboShear® Heavy Duty: Turn your power drill or smaller-bodied impact driver into an 18-gauge sheet metal cutting power shear. This attachment’s wide-opening jaws can operate at high or low speeds for optimum control and make fast straight, curved, or square cuts in most standard sheet metals.
- TurboCrimper® IMPACT: Engineered to attach to an impact driver, immediately begin crimping multiple sizes, types, and thicknesses of round metal duct. Based on actual field trials, this attachment is 78% faster than using a manual sheet metal crimping tool. No setup or adjustment is needed, just chuck up and go.
- “Gold Standard” Sheet Metal Hole Cutter: Versatile for a variety of metalwork, Malco’s HC2 Sheet Metal Hole Cutter installs into the chuck of any corded/cordless drill. The “gold standard” cutter bits, precision-fit bearings, and easy-adjusting pivot pin make this tool the longest lasting and fastest solution for cutting 2”–20” diameter holes in sheet metal.
With these best sheet metal tool recommendations in mind, you can set yourself up for success in the field. We continue to commit to producing top-quality products that work hard, enhance performance, and stand up to years of use on the job. See for yourself why HVAC professionals have come to rely on and trust the Malco brand!